Sunday, March 3, 2013

Foundation Routine

So Zack decided to watch a documentary while I was posting my last entry, and since I have seen it already, I decided I wanted to do an entry about my foundation routine. If you scroll down a couple of entries you can see a picture of a close up of my face, as well as a picture of me in my last entry. So here goes nothing.. hope it's helpful.


Step one: primer. I received both of these full sized primers as samples from Ipsy. The Mirabella Prime is a clear, non-greasy primer that goes on very smooth. The Pixi primer is a peach toned primer that is also non-greasy and applies just as smooth.. I like both of them, but if I had to pick a favorite I would go with the Mirabella Prime. I feel that it lasts a lot longer and it helps to keep my combination skin at bay.



Step two : Foundation. I loooove Revlon's Colorstay for combination/ oily skin. If I am correct, I'm almost positive I heard that Revlon is actually low-end Este Lauder.. It works wonderfully, and l don't get oily whatsoever during the day. I work in a hair salon, where product and chemical fumes are in the air. Where I'm using a blowdryer or other various hot tools.. Before starting this foundation routine, specifically before using this particular foundation, I would look shiny 3 hours into my shift. This foundation is a God send. I apply with a stipple brush that I purchased from ELF, and buff it out with a kabuki buff brush.


Following the application of the foundation, I dust Rimmel's Stay Matte translucent pressed powder. If I'm not mistaken, the have this pressed powder in various colors, but I prefer a translucent powder, as I do my contouring and highlighting with other products. I love this powder. It lasts for hours, and if you tap it on your skin with a powder brush, you won't look dusty.



Last Step : Highlight, Contour, and Blush. I use ELF's cool bronzer to contour along my collarbones, to make then more prominent. I also use it under my chin and along the sides of my neck to create a narrowing affect. I use ELF's golden bronzer to highlight my forehead, nose, and cheekbones, creating a soft sun kissed glow, and adding a little bit of warmth to the face. Finally, I use ELF's contouring blush and bronzing powder. The contouring powder is using under the cheekbones to make them more prominent, while the blush is used on the apples of the cheeks to give that nice rosy touch.

Ever since I began using this routine, my face has looked amazing. People point it out all the time, telling me my skin is perfect.. when really I just have amazing makeup. I don't usually use a concealer, but when I do, it's Hard Candy's Nobody's Perfect concealer palette.



I like this palette because it offers various colors of concealer, including tone correctors. Green to counteract redness, and yellow and peach to counteract purple and blue tones under the eyes. It isn't the most hardcore strong concealer. It can't be used to cover tattoos, although Hard Candy does have a concealer specifically for that. It's called Glamoflauge.


That pretty much wraps up my foundation routine. Any questions, feel free to ask. Hope you enjoyed 🌙

No comments:

Post a Comment